This trip includes transport. The activity lasts approximately 7-8 hours.
When we arrive at the workshop we’ll learn about birds and their needs. Our guide will provide us with the tools and instructions to help build the birdhouses.
The trip continues into the forest where we hang the birdhouses. Once the birds have their home it’s time for lunch made on the open fire. We can sit back and enjoy the idyllic setting. Our very own wilderness chef prepares food made from local ingredients and handpicked wild food from the forest around.
After lunch we’ll continue our way back to the starting point.
Highlights of the day:
- Making a difference for nature
- Working with our own hands
- Three course lunch by a professional wilderness chef
- Local handpicked wild food
- A peek into Finnish culture
Length: 3-5 km
Difficulty: Easy / Moderate
Participants: min. 2 persons, max. 8 persons
- Professional wilderness guide services
- Birdhouse building materials
- Lunch made on the open fire
- Clothes according to the weather
- Waterproof hiking shoes or comfortable gumboots
- Water bottle
The lunch menu is dependent on the available ingredients of the season.
We need to know about any specific diets or allergies when planning the food menu. Special diets can be informed when booking the trip.
In case of a forest fire warning the lunch will be prepared in a safe way, not on an open fire like mentioned in the tour description.
Our trips are smoke-free.
English, Finnish, Swedish, Polish